Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Draft 2- Experiment Using 3 Different Contexts- Water/Earth/Darkness

Peer Marking Sheets














When creating my 3 short clips, i decided to explore a new hypothesis.... I looked at an explosion in different contexts. I studied explosions in water, on the ground (earth), and in the dark.

With water, I wanted to explore how the objects interacted with the grid, and how the buoyancy of the barrels would affect their trajectory.

The earth explosion was based on my earlier hypothesis where I looked at an explosion in an enclosure such as a house/shed. I set up a scene and observed the way in which people and common household objects collided with each other. This concept was drawn from my found machinima clip of a shed filled with flamable barrels.

The most spectacular of the 3 explosions was the one in the dark. I focused on the contrast and change in lighting of the room, goin from pitch black to firey red/yellow. The radient heat and light that was emmitted by the numerous barrels made quite a sight.

I may in my next few experiments explore the idea and concept of an explosion in the darkness.

1 comment:

Christopher Heard said...

nice work dave! especially liking the idea of explosions in the dark.. definitely original and an idea worth exploring more!